Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Writing.

I have not spoken much about my writing here lately, not because some advise against publicly talking about the submission process*, but because nothing much is happening.

Most of the time, I wait.

And then wait some more.

So far I have gotten 2 rejections for Arvingen - one standard rejection, and a very positive personal rejection where they encouraged me to send in more manuscripts, but in other genres. This made me almost as happy as had the manuscript been accepted... almost. ;)

Arvingen has now been sent to a 3rd publishing house, which, like the others, have a 6-8 week response time, so I wait again.

A snippet I posted to the OWW from my work-in-progress, Sister, got chosen for an Editor's Choice and got a stellar review, which had me jumping up and down in my office like a 2-year-old in a candy shop. The notification of the Editor's Choice and the personal rejection arrived within 30 minutes of each other, so that was a really good day.

Also, I put all my novel work on hold to write a short story for a vampire anthology competition. I sent it in almost 14 days ago, but have been too busy with real life to get any resemblance of a serious word count on my novels.

I did, however, dust our bookshelves...and found a couple of un-read books! It's like Christmas in July, well...June, but you know what I mean. ;)

________________
* I personally don't see anything wrong with that as long as you are being professional about it, like you would be in any other line of business.

1 comment:

  1. I love the "Finding unread books" surprise as well!!!! I bring some back from the US each trip and then "remember" them months later! :-) I am so ready for this exam schedule to end so I can start reading again..for fun!!

    Keep us posted about your submissions!!! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete