Friday, 25 May 2012

Country Living - Spring!

Spring has finally arrived in Denmark! I wanted to take some photos earlier, but I've been busy planning lessons and teaching a short watercolour course. I had some lovely students, and it is definitely not the last time I'll be doing a 4-day course like this.

But! On to the photos, Here area few snapshots from our garden and field. The white puffs on the field? Yeah, dandelions. The field was quite stunning last week with all the yellow flowers.

At the far edge of the field are leverets, but we are careful not to disturb, and all we "see" of them is mom coming to feed them.










In the tree right across from my office window is a magpie nest and I've been following the construction work and can now see the adults pop in an out during the day. Judging from the sounds, there are babies in the nest already.

And...my office is a popular place. Yesterday a pair of barn swallowes decided to start building a nest on the balcony outside of the office, or rather on the wall right above the window, and while I am writing this, one of them even popped inside to say hello, taking a quick look around before flying out again. They are funny little birds, and often sit on the balcony railing while having long conversations with each other. I keep trying to get a photo of them, but while they are not afraid of me nor the cats, they aren't keen on the camera.

2 comments:

  1. The garden really looks like it is coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is because I am only photographing the coming together bits. ;)

    ReplyDelete