Tuesday, 7 February 2012

February!

I know. I need to post more often! So what has happened since I last checked in?

- I started teaching the spring season art classes

- My car got stuck in the snow!

- Our washing machine broke and with the help of Google, YouTube, and a German online store, we managed to fix it ourselves for just 160 kr., saving us approx. 3000 kr. for a new machine, since our machine is 8 years old and it probably would not have paid to call out a repair man.

- I finished a manuscript and sent it to a publisher. Their acceptance rate for unsolicited manuscripts is below 0,1%, so I am not getting my hopes up, but on the other hand, if I don't try, then it's 100% guaranteed that I will not get published. So I figure I have nothing to lose. ;)

With the 3000 kr. saved on a new washing machine, my 100K project is down to 92K. Still a long way to go, but there's time yet.

2 comments:

  1. Ok you finished a manuscript???? One we know about ??? OR something new???

    and where did you send it? I have a lead on a possible place for self-publishing in DK if you are interested. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an old one that I started around 2007, where I wrote myself neatly into a dead-end, shelved it for 3 years until I dug it out again in 2010, rewrote and revised it. :)

    I'm not that into self-publishing right now, but thank you so much for the offer. :)

    ReplyDelete