Monday, 19 September 2011

First Day of School!

I think it went well once I got past the first 10 minutes of nerves. My students are nice a mix of young to middleaged adults. They were very enthusiastic and even decided to skip the last break because they wanted to draw!

Visible progress was made during this first class, just as I aimed for, so hopefully they went home feeling accomplished and that they had learned something.

I learned something as well. That the introduction and the theory lessons take less time than I had estimated, but that the students need more time to draw than estimated, so luckily with a bit of extra theory thrown in, it all added up. Also rearranged the order of some of the theory lessons because it felt more natural to put them in earlier.

Each class will of course be different and have a different dynamic, but I believe the lesson plans that I have put so much effort in will pay off.

2 comments:

  1. SO glad you are getting to do this!
    I cannot wait to hear about the progress your "kids" are making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    I am hoping they will want to show off their progress at the end of the course, so that I can brag about them. ;)

    ReplyDelete